The property is a traditional Irish stone built cottage with recent additions and improvements and is situated in Carrowgarve, Cloughmore, on the south western tip of Achill Island. It nestles at the foot of the hill, facing the deserted Achill Beg Island, with Clare Island rising from the ocean beyond. It overlooks the spectacular Beal na Glaise (Mouth of the Sound), the narrow rocky channel between the islands of Achill and Achill Beg, which is bordered on its Achill side by the Promontory Fort of Dun.
The private front garden ends on the pebble beach. At low water there is a magical world of rock pools and exposed coastline to explore.
The house has oil fired central heating (included in the rental price) and a cosy open fire in the living room. There is free WiFi, a CD player with music CDs, a DVD player with a wide selection of DVDs, together with books, playing cards and board games. There are also crabbing nets for the little ‘uns.
- All bedding and bedlinen
- Towels and tea towels
- Oil fired central heating (no extra charge)
- A bale of briquettes to get you started with the open fire
- Parking space for up to three cars.
- Washing machine liquid and fabric conditioner
- Washing up liquid and cleaning materials.
- The use of some kitchen basics, including a selection of herbs and spices, salt and pepper.
- A Welcome Basket including tea, coffee, milk, soap